In 2022, the number of active Amazon sellers skyrocketed to 1.9 million, a number that has been consistently growing for over a decade. With competition becoming fiercer than ever, sellers need to use every trick in the book to stand out from the crowd.
That’s where A+ Content (previously known as Enhanced Brand Content) comes in. In this blog post, we will explore what Amazon A+ Content is, how it can benefit your brand, and best practices for creating effective A+ content.
What is Amazon A+ Content?
A+ Content is a free tool available to all brand-registered sellers. It enables you to replace your product description with media-rich content, enhancing the user experience.
This content can include images, comparison charts and brand-themed graphics enabling you to highlight the unique selling points of your products, differentiate your products from competitors, provide customers with more information, and ultimately increase sales.
Why use A+ Content?
- It’s free! – Everyone loves a freebie and with a global ecommerce giant like Amazon, any way to make your product more eye-catching to customers can only be a good thing
- Improved customer experience – Offering a more engaging and informative shopping experience results in increased customer satisfaction. Ensuring that the customer is well informed prior to purchase will also help reduce any negative reviews
- Product distinction – Showcase unique product features and benefits in a more visually appealing and informative manner
- Increased conversions – A+ Content can help customers make informed decisions by providing detailed product information and visuals. This leads to between 3% and 10% higher conversion rates
- Enhanced product discoverability – A knock-on effect of improved conversion rate, improved organic ranking and discoverability is a key asset to being successful on Amazon
Top Tips When Creating Your A+ Content.
- Know your product – Use A+ content to address common pain points and purchase barriers. This will enable customers to confidently make a purchase, and reduce your overall return rate.
- Use high-quality assets – Ensure all images or graphics used are high quality crisp and attention-grabbing. Given the crowded marketplace, with multiple product promotions and advertisements, it is crucial to create A+ Content that will stand out from the rest.
- Keep it fresh – Update your content regularly to ensure the product details don’t become outdated. Having seasonal or holiday-themed content may also be more compelling.
- Make it relatable – Make the most of any high-quality, user-generated content you may have to get on a personal level with customers. Displaying your products in real-world situations showing a variety of possible uses/situations will help the customer visualise the product in their own lives.
- Follow Amazon’s guidelines – Get your content implemented as soon as possible and avoid delays in the approval process by following Amazon’s A+ content guidelines. This includes substantiating claims, avoiding buzz words and not including any guarantee or warranty info.
How Do You Know If It’s Effective?
By utilising A+ content, our clients have seen an impressive +127% increase in ordered product sales month on month. This is despite product page views only increasing by an insignificant 0.83% over the same period.
This suggests that while the same number of people saw the product detail page, more felt confident in making a purchase after the A+ content was live. This is a good indication that the product detail page was more enticing.
Don’t forget to test
To ensure that your A+ content is resonating with your target audience and driving conversions, it’s important to conduct thorough testing and analysis.
One effective method of doing so is by performing A/B testing, where you create and trial multiple versions of your content with variations in images, text, and layouts, and measure the differences in conversion rates and copy effectiveness.
Take Your A+ Content to the Next Level
A+ Content is an unparalleled opportunity to:
- Sprinkle some of your brand’s identity into your Amazon product detail pages
- Address commonly asked questions
- Really highlight your unique selling points in a visually rich and informative way
- Helping sellers stand out in a crowded marketplace and attract more customers A+ content is an essential marketing tool for sellers looking to increase conversions and improve customer satisfaction.