Here’s what you need to know about 2.4.3
Abode Commerce storefronts will now benefit from enhanced security, a sophisticated AI Live Search from Adobe Sensei, and wishlist improvements for PWA merchants.
Read on to discover more about these new features.
Enhanced Live Search
Live Search is a crucial tool in the buying journey, with up to 60% of shoppers using a search bar to look for the product they want. Site search shoppers are also two to four times more likely to convert.
To capitalise on this key element of the buying journey, Adobe Commerce customers can now harness the power of Live Search powered by Adobe Sensei. The feature combines commerce data with AI to provide highly relevant search results as the customer types.
With Adobe Sensei, merchants will be able to:
- Deliver rich search experiences that help shoppers find what they want with minimal effort
- Provide an AI search that learns from ecommerce data and continually improves
- Increase their conversion rates
Included in this feature for 2.4.3 is:
- Intelligent Faceting: Abode Sensei picks and orders the best filters for every search query. Meaning shoppers can easily refine results to find what they want. This also frees up merchants time, doing away with the need to manually configure facet rules
- Merchandising Rules: Merchants can create rules to adjust the results that appear in search results. This gives merchants greater power to align search with business goals. For example, specific products or categories can be boosted or hidden altogether
- Synonyms Management: With Adobe Sensei, merchants can define one-way or two-way synonyms. For one-way, a brand can define synonyms for ‘summer clothes’ to include specific items such as bikinis, flip flops and shorts. But, the customer will not be shown shorts if they search for ‘bikinis’. Two-way synonyms will allow merchants to broaden the results that shoppers see. For example, searching for ‘bikinis’ could also return swimming costumes, sarongs and beach cover ups.
PWA Studio Updates
Progressive Web Apps from the Adobe Commerce PWA Studio just got better.
With expanded wishlist functionality, customers can now save items they like the look of directly from the cart or category page. Making a purchase is also simpler, with shoppers able to add products to the cart directly from their wishlist.
Adobe XD kit for PWA Studio streamlines storefront design while the PWA Studio extension for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) enables you to leverage headless AEM content fragments in PWA Studio.
Security updates are always an important part of any Adobe Commerce update. The 2.4.3 release provides 33 security fixes plus a range of additional platform security improvements.
The Q3 release also includes an updated Security Scan Tool for sites built using PWA Studio. This will further help merchants to monitor for malware, security risks and unauthorised access.
Providing real-time insights, the free tool checks against 21,000 threat signatures, with 550 new signatures added monthly. The tool will identify:
- Potential malware and vulnerabilities
- Out-of-date security patches
- Vulnerable extensions
- Security misconfigurations
- Digital skimming injections
Upgrading Your Store
It’s not long to go now until the peak shopping season, so don’t wait to upgrade your store.
Get in touch with Fluid’s Adobe Commerce team to make sure you’re getting the very best from your ecommerce platform.