Who's the Client?
Lakeland Leather is the UK’s largest independent leather retailer. They are the renowned specialists in luxury leather and sheepskin garments. Based in the heart of the Lake District, they trade online and from their 15 stores across the UK.
- PWA frontend development with Adobe PWA Studio
- Adobe Commerce Cloud
- Custom integrations with world-class tech solutions
After successfully migrating Lakeland Leather from M1 to Adobe Commerce Cloud in 2020, the retailer was looking for the next opportunity to strengthen their online position.
We worked with the client to determine that the best next step would be to rebuild their storefront as a Progressive Web App (PWA).
A PWA would be:
- Optimised for conversion
- Support their long-term growth
- Future-proof their ecommerce presence
What We Did
Keeping the backend as Adobe Commerce Cloud, we would develop a new headless PWA built using Adobe PWA Studio, based on the Venia storefront theme.
- Mobile-first: Offering instant installation on mobile, Lakeland Leather's PWA is designed to be used on the go, with limited internet access
- Built for speed: Built on headless commerce, the website-app hybrid offers instant loading time for images, videos and copy
- UX enhanced: Fast loading means a slick and ultra-smooth user experience for Lakeland's customers
- CRO: The rapidity of the site means a super-fast shopping basket, super-fast payments process and reduced bounce rates
IntegrationsLakeland Leather is at the forefront of offering customers a best-in-class ecommerce experience. This is supported by using the leading tech solutions.
For the PWA, we created custom integrations for:
- Nosto - Personalisation and recommendations
- Klevu - AI powered search
- Klarna - Buy Now Pay Later
- Reviews.io - Reviews
- Dotdigital - Email marketing
- Braintree - Paypal express checkout
What are the results?
Since launching the PWA at the end of 2021, the average page load time is now a rapid 0.46 seconds across the site. As a result, the bounce rate has fallen by nearly 20%.
In addition, the improved speed, smooth checkout, and mobile-first design have increased the conversion rate and number of transactions.
Speed - Page Load Time
- Home page: 0.59 seconds
- Category page: 0.49 seconds
- Product page: 0.32 seconds
- Conversion rate +11.8%
- Transactions +24.6%
- Revenue +19.6%
- Bounce rate -12.4%
- Mobile revenue +27.7%
- Mobile transactions +32.8%
- Mobile conversion rate +16.8%