Adobe Commerce PWA Case Study
Stove Are Us are the biggest provider of wood-burning stoves in the UK. Their range also includes stoves and fireplaces as well as wood-fired pizza ovens, bbqs and garden furniture. One of the largest online retailers in the country, they also have two showrooms in England.
When Stoves Are Us first launched their business, they quickly established themselves as market leaders, with a top range website.
To maintain their position as the market leader, their key objective was to create the fastest, best looking, and highest-functionality site on the market.
What was our strategy?
- Complete the frontend work on the Magento 2 build and get it live
- Redesign the frontend for a more modern look and feel
- Rebuild and relaunch the site as a Progressive Web App (PWA) on Adobe Commerce Cloud with the latest integrations, features and functionality
The site is much faster, and more user friendly for the customer. There is greater ease of use for the site administrators. The overall look and feel of the site is more modern, cleaner and streamlined.
- Page Load Speed - 0.24 seconds
- Organic Revenue +78.1%
- Organic Conversion Rate +35.7%
- Organic Transactions +56.2%
- Mobile Transactions +48%
- Mobile Revenue +58.8%
Design and Development
We designed the new store based on our upgraded version of the Venia Theme from PWA Studio. In addition, we:
- Cleaned up the creative elements
- Simplified the copy to allow for quick scan-reading
- Stripped back the site to a sleek and minimal state
- Refreshed the ‘Find Your Perfect Stove’ tool
- Simplified the Brands Page for greater usability
Launching as a PWA
As part of the PWA rebuild, we built a great deal of custom functionality, including:
- Price beater form - the ability to fill in a form on site to get a price guarantee
- Find Your Perfect Product - product configurator to help customers find the perfect fireplace or stove
- A Flue Quote Calculator
- Room size calculator
- Delivery date selector on the product page
Integrations with key technology partners are an integral part of any development project. We integrated:
- Mollie checkout, with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Paypal as well as secure credit/debit payments. This is the first British PWA site to use Mollie
- Fetchify for postcode looks-ups on checkout
Why PWA on Adobe Commerce Cloud?
There were three key reasons why we recommended a PWA on Adobe Commerce Cloud:
A PWA offers super-fast site speed on desktop and mobile.
2. Advanced scalability
Stoves needed more room for growth as they continually update their product range and add new features. .
Adobe Commerce Cloud lets them handle these technological demands, and gives the site advanced scalability to handle large volumes of traffic and faster speeds.
3. Simpler admin usability for greater flexibility
The backend of the site was a bit of a mish mash and hard to update. Magento page builder would keep everything in one place and make things easier for their site administrators to change the site as and when they needed to.
Award-winning Adobe Commerce Website
- 2023 UK Ecommerce Awards - B2C Wesite of the Year
- 2023 European Ecommerce Awards - DIY, Home, Furniture & Interior Design Website of the Year