The new Magento 2.3.5 release was launched in April 2020 and is the second quarterly upgrade of 2020. This upgrade covers security, platform quality and new functionality to maximise performance.
Here is an overview of the key updates and what to look out for, with a focus on Magento Commerce 2.3.5.
AI-Powered Product Recommendations
The first major feature available with Magento 2.3.5 is AI-powered product recommendations functionality, powered by Adobe Sensei.
Product recommendations can be powerful for any ecommerce store looking to offer a personalised and seamless online experience for their customers. With these product recommendations powered by Adobe Sensei, your online store will automatically analyse shopper behavior and produce high quality, meaningful product recommendations that increases conversion rates and drives additional sales.
This will be available exclusively for retailers using Magento Commerce for no additional cost.
Page Builder Templates
With the latest upgrade to Magento, retailers will be able to maximise the use of Page Builder through the use of templates.
Retailers will be able to create content and page layouts using Page Builder and save them as templates for use across their site. You can now also use video as backgrounds in Page Builder elements, along with full height rows, banners and sliders and an integration with Yotpo.
Page Builder has proven to be a useful tool for Ecommerce Managers, with many retailers taking advantage of the feature such as Augustinus Bader and ChloBo. This improvement to the tool will speed up the process of creating new pages and allow retailers to focus their time and energy on growth.
- Over 25 security enhancements
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.5
- Deprecation of core integration of third-party payment methods (Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay)
- Deprecation of the core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code.
- Upgrade of Symfony Components
- Improvements to customer data section invalidation logic
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance
- The PayPal Pro payment method now works as expected in the Chrome 80 browser
- Enhancements to inventory management
- Integration of dotdiigtal Engagement Cloud and Magento B2B, along with improved importer performance
Magento 2.3.5 Release
Pre-release for Magento 2.3.5 was launched on the 14th April 2020 for all customers and partners of Magento, with the full launch launched on 30th April.