Venturing into uncharted territories using Amazon FBA
Le Col is a premium cycling brand that’s on a mission to create the best performance cycling apparel in the market. In order to unlock the next phase of the company’s growth, the brand was keen to explore new territories.
In 2022, they opted to test the waters in the United States, using Amazon FBA to assess the viability of wider global expansion initiatives.
Having always sold directly to consumers before, this would be the first time Le Col had used a marketplace, and the first time it would sell on Amazon.
As a premium cycling apparel brand with a high-end price point, the challenges lay in how to help Le Col:
- Generate attention in a new territory
- Differentiate themselves from competitors
- Build brand awareness in a saturated market
The overarching goal was to build brand awareness and help establish Le Col as a key player within the cycling apparel sector on Amazon US.
What was our strategy?
- Conduct research to ensure that each ASIN complied with current Amazon best practices and was fully optimised for the US market
- Generate content-heavy product listings with bespoke A+ Content templates for each parent ASIN
- Create a brand store that mimics Le Col's existing UK DTC website, with high-quality imagery and videos to tell the brand story
- Launch Sponsored Ads (Sponsored Product, Sponsored Display and Sponsored Brand) targeting shoppers at each stage of the customer journey to help drive visibility and traffic
Between May 2022 and April 2023, we saw:
- 747.6% increase in revenue with the average TACoS sitting at 34.6%
- 424.5% increase in CVR
- 724.6% increase in ad impressions
- 419.9% increase in brand store views
- Listing Optimisation
- A+ Content creation
- Brand Store creation
- PPC campaign creation and management
- A/B testing
- Keyword and competitor research
- Pricing and promotion strategy
- Review generation strategy
- PR: Le Col joins Fluid for US expansion
- Article: What You Need to Know About Amazon A+ Content
- Article: 5 Alternative Strategies for Amazon Prime Day